Our Chapter History
On April 14, 1947, at the home of Dr. Thomas Crump, six members of Kappa Alpha Psi met for the purpose of organizing a Tucson-Phoenix Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
On June 18, 1947, Brother Frank F. LaVigne, Western Provincial Polemarch presided over the Charter ceremony and installation of officers of the Phoenix Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Dr. Aldon B. Thompson , Polemarch – Tucson
- Brother Thomas Brown , Vice Polemarch – Phoenix
- Brother Joseph S. Flipper , Keeper of Records – Phoenix
- Dr. Thomas Crump , Exchequer – Phoenix
- Brother Lowell Sperling , Strategus – Phoenix
- Brother John Williams , Lieutenant Strategus
- Dr. Robert B. Phillips , Historian – Phoenix
The ceremony started at 12:00 a.m. in the home of Brother Thomas Brown. Brother LaVigne presented to the Polemarch, Dr. A.B. Thompson, the charter, and the gavel. To the Keeper of the Records were given five copies of the Rituals and one copy of the Constitution.
The meeting adjourned at 4:45 a.m.